Vice President of Acquisitions
Are you looking to have an impact on a growing company and potentially replace the Chief Investment Officer?
Hamister Group, LLC, one of Buffalo’s Top Private Companies in its 40th year of operation, is looking for a Vice President of Acquisitions. The Vice President of Acquisitions will be directly responsible for the company’s growth in acquiring existing hotels and senior housing assets that meet or exceed our return thresholds.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), with direct support from our financial analysts, the ideal candidate will (but not be limited to):
- Enhance deal flow through on and off-market deals.
- Manage the acquisitions department and deal process from start to close and lead due diligence efforts to acquire assets.
- Teach, mentor and manage analyst team.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and problems must be handled with confidence and determination. This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- Ten (10) plus years of acquisition experience. Industry experience in hotel or senior housing a MUST.
- Five (5) years of people management experience.
- Must be willing to relocate to Buffalo, NY.
If you would like to have the opportunity to prove that you can become the next CIO apply today!